Unavailable $ 2,900.00
WPI ATC 2000 low noise animal temperature controller, including a specially developed heating plate designed for use with the OcuScience in-vivo and ex-vivo rodent ERG systems.
Animal Temperature Controller is a low noise heating system for maintaining animal body temperature during experimental procedures. The DC heater is extremely quiet in terms of electromagnetic radiation. This is essential in electrophysiological recordings which are very sensitive to electromagnetic interference.
The controller uses proportional, integral, and derivative (PID) technology in adjusting the DC voltage output. Compared with switched on/off type controllers, PID controllers provide a much more precise and stable control of temperature. The PID approach is also more immune to the variation of the experimental conditions such as change in animal size and unexpected disturbances.
The Animal Temperature Controller has three temperature sensing inputs.
- The resistive temperature device (RTD) probe input can be used to monitor an RTD rectal probe to control the animal temperature or to monitor ambient temperature, induction chamber temperature or any other temperature.
- When using a thermocouple probe, the thermocouple (TC) probe input can be used just like the RTD input. (A T type thermocouple must be used.)
- The heater plate also has an internal temperature sensor. Itmonitors this sensor to prevent the localized hot spots under animal.
The controller has three operational modes
- Normal mode uses the configured sensor (RTD or TC) or the plate sensor to drive the control loop.
- Adaptive mode uses the temperature of the heated plate and the temperature of the subject to control. This approach is less prone to overshoot, but somewhat slower the normal mode, depending on the sampling rate used.
- Shutdown is a fail safe mode used if the plate temperature ever exceeds 45°C.
The Animal Temperature Controller is tuned at the factory. However, the PID parameters may also be set manually. The temperature resolution of the controller is 0.1°C. The rectal temperature probe has a 6-ft ultra-flexible, shielded cable and an RTD sensor.
The metal heating plates (available separately) have built-in temperature sensors. Compatible with stereotaxic systems, the rigid, flat surface fits under the U-frame. Plates are washable with water and detergent.
|Rat Sensor||RTD Ø 2.0 mm tube with 3.5mm ball head|
|Maximum DC Output||10V, 3A|
|Temperature range||Up to 45°C|
|Power||Universal AC adapter 90-264V Input, 12V@4.5A maximum output|
|Weight||11 lb. (5kg)|
[Used by Researchers & Small Animal Studies]